Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sugar Art



I have come to the end of my course on sugar flowers, and I thought you would like to see my bouquet.


It turned out very well! I had to take a DIY approach to completing this project. My local craft store did not cary hydrangea petal cutters, so I had to make my own from recyclable tin baking pans. With my food gel colors in storage I wound up coloring the gum paste with turmeric, cinnamon, and cloves. Without a petal or leaf veiner I had to sculpt the subtle details onto my petals and leaves, but I had fun doing it and I was very pleased with my detail on the flowers.


I'm really excited to do this again in the future, gum paste was an exciting new medium to work with. Next I think I'm going to do some experimenting with marshmallow fondant, I've read that it's superior to traditional fondant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment